Event start date and time: August 23, 2013 5:00 PM
Event end date and time: August 24, 2013 5:00 PM
- Bump, Set and Build with HYP!
HYP is on a mission – to further the purpose of Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King County. What's that purpose? To eliminate poverty housing and create a world where everyone has a decent, affordable place to live.
This is an audacious goal, but thanks to you – our volunteers, individual donors and corporate sponsors – we are closer every day.
So, what's next? We're taking it to the court—the volleyball court, that is! Partnering with SideOut Seattle Volleyball Association, we bring you Volleyball 4 Cause on August 24th at Mercer Island's Park on the Lid.
All proceeds go directly to the Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King County's community revitalization project in the Federal Way Westway neighborhood. Many of you have volunteered there with HYP – thank you! - yet the project needs ongoing support. Like all of Habitat's endeavors, the aim here is to actively empower communities and provide safe, decent, affordable homes for local families.
You might be thinking, "What can I do?" Keep reading!
1. Play! No experience necessary - social play is encouraged!Recruit 3 friends/family/coworkers to form a team, or join an existing team at www.sideoutseattle.com ($30/person or $120/team). Each team will be given a fundraising webpage with a goal of raising $1,000 by game day (works out to $250/team member). But this is a minimum: we challenge you to out-raise the other teams. You'll win big-time bragging rights and a personal thank you note from the Habitat for Humanity families benefiting from your efforts, as well as prizes from local sponsors. Looking for more registration info? Check out SideOut Seattle's Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/360423164060108/
2. Donate & Fundraise! Join the challenge to raise as much as you can. Via your own Volleyball 4 Cause fundraising webpage, get the help of friends, family, coworkers, twitter fans, Facebook friends, blog followers… you get the picture. Fundraising webpages can be requested by email: [masked]. Additionally, you can make individual donations here: https://secure.acceptiva.com/?cst=beab13. Be sure to select Habitat Young Professionals as your "type of gift".
3. Plan! Join our fundraising event planning committee. We need individuals experienced in fundraising, project management, event planning, grant writing and professional photography, in addition to day-of logistics for our events. Email us to help plan and coordinate HYP's Volleyball 4 Cause tournament!
Thank you for your support!
Habitat Young Professionals
Big thanks to our sponsors who are helping us put on this fantastic event!
- Renton Civic Theatre (www.rentoncivictheatre.org)
- Unexpected Productions (www.unexpectedproductions.org)
- Chuck's Donuts
• Post ID: 14043396 seattle