OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- $14+ Billion In Transactions in 2016
- Geekwire App of Year
- 35+ Million Downloads
We are looking for a passionate manager and leader with a wealth of experience building, leading, and growing teams, to make a strong impact at OfferUp on the Engineering team focusing on our Backend shared infrastructure. You have a solid track record of leading efficient engineering teams, and you will lead a team at OfferUp that reflects a strong enthusiasm and morale. You will demonstrate the strong ability to execute on business priorities, and ship features, while working in a collaborative environment.
- Manage and lead an engineering team of up to 20-30 developers in a collaborative fashion
- Leader of a production infrastructure, developer infrastructure, security infrastructure and site reliability engineering.
- Being the leader for the end-to-end development, deployment and operations toolchain, working collaboratively with engineers and engineering leaders to understand and meet their requirements through tools, processes and culture. Balancing short-term needs and wins with long term investments.
- Leader of security team to develop and evangelize best practices and tools to support a culture of Secure Development Lifecycle.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and train engineers
- Assign tasks, set goals, execute performance reviews, and foster an environment of rich career growth
- Drive engineering excellence and discipline, including producing high-quality, scalable code in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and balance business and technical priorities
- Work with Product Managers to plan and estimate work and contribute to roadmap planning
- You will provide software architecture design and product direction of the OfferUp backend services
- You will have 10+ years of professional software engineering experience as an individual and leading projects
- 4-5+ years of experience managing and growing people, including hiring, performance management, guidance, and leading by example
- Passion for Tooling and Infrastructure
- Passion and experience working on Security
- Hands-on experience with Open Source tools and frameworks a plus
- Experience with highly-scalable applications and service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience with large scale web applications
- Comfortable designing services on top of a cloud infrastructure like AWS
- Experience with Mobile services
- Experience with consumer eCommerce preferred
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience with Django, AWS infrastructure, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with online marketplaces
- Working knowledge of e-commerce payment systems
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally! Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, system specialist, system technician, technician
• Post ID: 57265342 seattle