CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
An Engineer I is a company recognized individual contributor that applies approved technologies and architectures to specific requirements. They will develop and define plans for the implementation of new plant construction. The ideal candidate is responsible for engineering design plans and specifications, including gathering field data. The individual in this position will assure the most feasible, and economical means are used to complete the work. An Engineer I screens held orders, engineers small subdivisions, building entrance cable, or held orders, and obtains permits. Meets with and serves as a point of contact for larger entities, municipalities, government entities, developers/builders. This individual when required will conduct formal meetings and/or presentations regarding engineering and construction plans for the receipt of pricing proposals or bids. Partners with network planning and identifies projects for budgets and prepares justification. This employee provides cost data to support capital planning and budgeting, at a project level. Monitors and controls project expenditures against their owned projects.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience and education
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of current approved products and technology used in engineering remote electronics, FTTT, GPON, Ethernet , MTU, MDU, aid to construction (BART), Joint use poles and held orders.
- Proficiency when working in Microsoft Office products
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to give presentations.
- Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record. MVR check required.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field.
- Proficiency when working company approved systems like Fireworks & BidMaster, WFMT, NDS,NBIE, and Martens.
- Knowledge of OSP design and a willingness to learn and to support the Engineer II and Senior Engineers.
Alternate Location: US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition #: 138730
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at (link removed)
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 46668428 seattle