What you’ll be doing...
This position is responsible for managing a Sales Team of Major Account Managers selling all Verizon Telematics Platforms into the Government Sector across Federal, State and Local entities. The Sr. Sales Manager will manage a sales team in one geographic market and responsible for all government accounts and prospects within that market. The primary goal is to increase sales and penetration within the assigned market while increasing customer satisfaction and decreasing churn.
The Sr. Sales Manager will drive leads through his team by ensuring successful partnership with the Wireless Government Teams and Leadership, as well as drive strategic initiatives that align with the Government ecosystem; Trade Shows, associations and industry meetings, conferences and engagement via customer referrals. The Sr. Sales Manager will become an expert on each of the Telematics product platforms, and drive value in attending customer meetings, ensuring engagement and strategic alignment in order to help bring deals to fruition.
The Sr. Sales Manager will also have the primary job responsibilities:
- Providing consistent coaching and feedback to the team to ensure improvement and developmental growth
- They will do this by attending customer meetings, listening and participating in role plays, asking for direct customer feedback and communication with wireless on a consistent basis
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets on a consistent basis ensuring individual MAM performance is being achieved
- Provide accurate and timely forecasting on a weekly basis with detailed knowledge of the MAM funnel and risks
- Timely and valuable interaction with all functional areas of the business as well as leadership
- Become an expert on the market with the ability to understand trends, competitive forces and areas of opportunity
- Hold consistent team meetings, 1:1’s, and performance reviews in order to ensure accountability and ensure the right players in the seats
- Provide feedback to product management on product enhancement needs that will significantly improve the business
- Work with Sales Operations to provide feedback on tools that are needed, what is/isn’t working in the field with the ability to make solid business recommendations
- Provide leadership guidance, care and support to our largest customers in the individual market
- Become actively involved in managing and growing these accounts
- Work closely with the Channel Team to ensure communication alignment with Wireless as well as provide feedback on individual deals and/or trends that are occurring
- Ensure a strong bench of potential candidates are in the pipeline to mitigate downtime during turnover
What we’re looking for...
Skills & Qualifications:
- HS diploma required. BA/BS degree preferred.
- Three (3) to seven (7) years sales and sales mangement experience. Microsoft Office suite including Excel and Power Point. Experience in the Telematics industry a strong plus. Telematics experience preferred.
- Strong influential skills and level of charisma for building long-term relationships. Excellent PC hardware/software skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Effective negotiation and closing techniques. Strong analysis and judgment skills. Work well in a team environment. Self-starter requiring little supervision. High level of professionalism. Ability to sense and relate observations to business opportunity. Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills. Ability to maintain a moderate to heavy travel schedule.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) experience is strongly preferred and is a plus.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
• Post ID: 46175943 seattle