- We have an opening for a full-timeBAKERposition.
- Location: Seattle University- 901 12th Ave Seattle WA 98122Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T; Days and hours based on business need
- Requirement: Food handling experiencerequired
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Bon Apptit Management Company believes we can change the world through food. A pioneer in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, we cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients. Our teams at corporations, universities, and museums all across the US have the freedom to create menus tuned to their guests, mixing regional comfort foods and global cuisine. We are committed to nurturing our staffs talents, staying ahead of dining trends, and making a difference in the food system. Join us in our mission of food service for a sustainable future.
Full time associates at Bon Appetit are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Prepares baked goods according to recipes and production specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bake breads, pies, cakes, cookies and other pastries as necessary per the provided production and catering sheets; assists in production planning to meet daily requirements.
- Ensures proper food preparation by utilizing approved recipes, following prescribed production standards and use of proper equipment.
- Assists with the completion of production records to include waste tracking, used/unused portions and product shortages; informs supervisor when supplies are low.
- Ensures proper presentation, food quality, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils within work area.
- Handles foods items appropriately and with all safety regulations in mind during preparation and service.
- Cleans equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignments. Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and customer-service oriented manner. Relays relevant concerns from customers directly to supervisors.
- Consistently exhibits the ability to keep up with peak production and service calmly, accurately and efficiently.
- Checks to ensure that all food is presented, served and displayed per standards.
- Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment, ensuring corporate and OSHA safety standards are followed.
- Completes shift work, as assigned, in a timely and thorough manner in accordance with department standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 53783223 seattle