A Customer Service Coordinator (Real Estate) is also known as a real estate agent. As a Customer Service Coordinator, you will walk your clients through the entire real estate transaction experience. When selling or buying real estate, customers are often overwhelmed and unsure of how to get the most out of their transaction. Customer Service Coordinators help these clients by advising them on home values, marketing strategies and negotiation techniques to make sure their best interests are being served. This role requires impeccable customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Come up with strategies to make the homes in your portfolio stand out in the real estate market and sell quickly for top value
- Help clients understand home values so they can price their real estate fittingly
- Keep current on your local real estate market and know about home sales and listings
- Market your Customer Service Coordinator services to the local real estate community
- Represent customers during real estate negotiations
- Draw up mutual acceptance and purchase and sale agreements
About John L. Scott
Since our founding 80 years ago, John L. Scott puts extra care into listening to our clients and focusing on the best way to meet their needs. We are at the forefront of creating innovative marketing programs and strategies to help our Brokers get homes sold quickly. With over 100 offices and 2,600 agents throughout the Pacific Northwest, we are one of the largest regional real estate companies in the nation.
Regulatory Notice. To work as a real estate agent (and be qualified for this position) you must have (or obtain) a real estate license. Like getting a driver's license, state authorized training/testing is required to get certified. Third-party educational institutions provide this fee-based training to the general public.
• Post ID: 46392433 seattle