Posted: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 7:28 AM
Location: WA : Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC : Technology
Bring Your Brain.....
We'll Supply the Dragons
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Attorney will provide legal support for Wizards of the Coast's global marketing, sales, product development, organized play, technology and creative services groups. The Attorney will counsel clients on a broad range of legal issues, including intellectual property, licensing, marketing, advertising, promotions, gaming, digital rights, antitrust, regulatory matters, and contract interpretation, and will facilitate internal policy creation and implementation.
Day to Day Responsibilities of this Wizard:
* Work directly with and communicate legal issues to clients, and anticipate follow:up needs.
* Partner with key clients to proactively identify and further business strategies in transactions.
* Draft and negotiate a variety of agreements, including in:licenses, software licenses, marketing and promotions agreements, permissions, distribution agreements and work for hire agreements.
* Review and advise on advertising and marketing materials, including packaging, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions.
* Coordinate with internal legal and non:legal resources as necessary to address legal and business issues
* Provide client education and training on relevant legal issues.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
* Brand Marketing
* Community Management
* Vendor Management
* Senior Leadership
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
* 3+ years of relevant experience in law firm or in:house law department.
* Experience with e:commerce, user generated content, online privacy, digital games or eSports preferred.
* Experience in licensing related matters a plus.
* Experience in negotiating and drafting complex domestic and international commercial transactions preferred.
* Experience dealing with domestic and international sales and competition issues preferred.
* Experience in negotiating and drafting a variety of business agreements.
* Prior in:house experience a plus.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
* Ability to prioritize substantial and diverse workload and complete tasks within deadlines.
* Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
* Possess client relations skills, business sense, and the ability to make practical evaluations of risk.
* Understanding of copyright, trademark, and trade secret law, as well as marketing and promotional law.
* Ability to work effectively with team members from different disciplines and to interact well with members of senior management.
* Flexibility and willingness to independently navigate areas of unfamiliarity.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize substantial and diverse workload and complete tasks within deadlines.
* Comfort with a collaborative and creative environment is essential.
* Bar membership must be in good standing.
Education and Training:
* J.D. from accredited law school with excellent academic credentials.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Job Function: Technology
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast
• Location: Seattle
• Post ID: 45939463 seattle