What you’ll be doing...
Systems Assurance Engineer is responsible for the advanced installation, operation, and maintenance of switching, data communications, and peripheral equipment associated with the Mobile Switching Center (MSC).
Systems Assurance Engineer is expected to perform his/her duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
It is of utmost importance to work well with others, with high levels integrity, as an individual contributor and in a team environment.
Other duties include:
Coordinating installation, testing and troubleshooting on voice and data network platforms
Coordinating installation, testing, and troubleshooting of transmission facilities (dark and lit fiber services, Ethernet, OCn, T3, T1, and DSO)
Maintaining system applications at their peak performance.
Ensuring optimal customer service.
Providing support to a varied user community.
Updating daily logs with site-specific information.
Composing clear and concise reports for system documentation.
Maintains system applications and participates in cross-functional projects.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
- Flexibility - This position requires on call rotation and rotational night shift work.
Even better if you have:
- Military education, Bachelor’s degree or higher education is preferred.
- Self-motivated, engaged team player who has demonstrated success collaborating across teams.
- Detail oriented and thorough; possess troubleshooting skills and the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- CCNA or JNCIA Certification is preferred.
- General knowledge in the use of electronic test equipment.
- General knowledge of transmission facilities (dark and lit fiber services, Ethernet, OCn, T3, T1, and DSO)
- General Knowledge of Cisco and Juniper routers
- Some training or experience in at least 2 of the following areas:
- data communications
- digital communications
- operating systems and applications
- networking or router support
- working knowledge of DC power rectification and battery systems
- project management
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6791740-systems-assurance-engineer
• Post ID: 46688898 seattle