Verizon is investing in its network to improve the way we live, work, and communicate. Our network transformation will be critical for all our future connectivity businesses including new products such as IoT, 5G, and future smart cities. As part of this network transformation, you will help build one network engineered for growth for all lines of business.
- Responsible for managing all engineering and construction activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP network infrastructure.
- Engages appropriate internal and external organizations with professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required tasks.
- Coordinates project activities with contractors, developers, municipalities and consultants.
- Proposes solutions supported by sound engineering and operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Recognizes vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes intelligent decisions to ensure reliability – within financial constraints.
- Processes reports, vendor invoices, material receipts, and other administrative duties.
- Receives general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
- Multi-tasks to effectively manage a wide range of simultaneous activities often interrupted by other demands.
- Responds immediately to network outages, coordinating necessary resources and activities for prompt and appropriate restoral.
- Current areas of responsibility include assigned city, but are subject to change. Regular work conditions are 40 hours per week with limited travel. Extra hours and occasional weekend work may be required depending on business demands.
- An Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills - capable of interacting with customers and coworkers at most levels including executives.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and effective in multi-tasking.
- Capable of working independently to achieve deliverables and resolve urgent/complex issues.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of engineering principles within OSP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards.
- Strong Computer Skills (Databases, Processes, and Administrative) - Comprehensive knowledge and skill for more complex applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD, and GIS
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Knowledge of the network plant and local practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, etc)
- Experience with working application of engineering systems and databases.
- Working knowledge of right-of-way, property rights, and permit acquisition.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6649086-outside-plant-engineer
• Post ID: 43586018 seattle