Company Name:?Quality Food Centers
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1 st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Cut meats to customer's requests using proper cutting equipment.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Inform customers of meat and seafood specials.
- Provide customers with fresh/frozen products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Recommend meat items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Use all equipment in meat and seafood department such as the refrigerators, freezers, knives, baler, u-boats, compactor, forklift, and pallet jacks according to company guidelines.
- Prepare food to company standards.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review \"sell by\" dates and take appropriate action.
- Properly use kitchen equipment, band saw, cuber, meat grinder, computerized scale, robot coupe etc.
- Order, label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Ensure country of origin labels are correct for all meat/seafood products.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Possess adequate knife handling skills and knife speed
- Current food handlers permit once employed
- Current meat cutter license once employed (King County, WA stores ONLY)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Meat experience
- Retail experience
• Post ID: 46373073 seattle