What you’ll be doing...
The Manager is primarily responsible for the revenue of Smart Communities & Venues (SCV) in the municipal/city/state market within their region/territory. The sales specialists (overlay sales) manager will create customer propositions and will work closely with their regional and national field sales organization (VZW, VBM/SLED, VES), Govt Affairs, Professional Services and others to close SCV sales opportunities and accomplish these objectives. They will be responsible for the SCV Go To Market strategies for Smart Cities from design through execution, will act as the primary voice of the customer and will be communicating requirements, feedback, etc. to the product management teams.
Establish Deal Lifecycle Management & Governance across different solutions.
Identify, engage and close opportunities for SCV.
Support the development and implementation of new business opportunities
Drive positive customer experience and with the sales teams.
Enable sales teams through knowledge transfer and training.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- MBA, with strong technology and analytical skills.
- 10+ years of experience in creating, managing, selling and delivering complex solution sales with 5+ years of market expertise in selling into municipal/city/state markets.
- Experience in complex solutions involving cloud, security, professional services, SaaS and HW.
- Financial management skills needed for forecasting, pricing and margin analysis.
- Professional presentation and communication skills to address all levels of the City officials including Mayors, CIO, City Department Heads.
- Ability to create excellent working relationships with diverse teams and job functions throughout the organization.
- Ability to be responsive to client needs and changing requirements.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8007537-business-development-and-strategic-planning-manager
• Post ID: 56104457 seattle