Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 3:27 AM
Game Designer, R and D
Location: WA : Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC : Creative
Bring Your Brain.....
We'll Supply the Dragons
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the worlds largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering(R) Trading Card Game and Dungeons and Dragons(R) Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Games Desinger to join our Research and Development Team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
R and D's Designers conceptualize and execute on new experiences and products for our players and fans. These designers are frequently called on to contribute to product teams, which involve 3 to 12 months of dedicated work on a new Magic product. Occasionally these designers are called on to lead such teams. We are looking for a game designer who loves Magic and wants to help enrich the Magic experience while working with fantastic people throughout Wizards of the Coast and its partners.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD:
* Contributes ideas, insights, and concepts toward the design of Magic products and other game experiences.
* Participates in designing the vision for new game concepts and the execution on existing concepts for Magic products and experiences.
* Leads product and experience design teams for Magic.
* Designs Magic cards and mechanics that support and advance the product vision.
* Supports project teams and their participants and leaders as assigned/necessary.
* Participates in playtests and provides feedback.
* Actively participates in team meetings and discussions by adding constructive, reasoned, provocative insights to the conversation.
* Initiates prototype teams working on speculative projects, and contributes to such teams that others have initiated.
* Delivers all assigned products on:time, on:budget, and at high quality.
* Works closely with partners in Digital, CAPS, Marketing, and other departments.
* Maintains current knowledge of competitors products where applicable.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
* Magic Pro Tour knowledge is a must in this role
* A gamer who loves playing and thinking about Magic, especially its competitive play formats and metagames
* Passionate about Magic: The Gathering and excited to be part of shaping its future
* Someone who plays strategy games at the highest level of competition and has success in those arenas
* An excellent communicator who can effectively distill large amounts of user feedback into actionable tasks
* Knowledgeable about the landscape of contemporary TCG/CCG design
* The successful candidate must embody the Magic R and D principles :
* We are stewards of Magic.
* We are passionate about Magic.
* We believe Magic makes a difference.
* We focus on growing Magic's audience.
* We believe in discovery, surprise, and strategy.
* We listen.
* We improve.We collaborate.
* We debate.
* We are inclusive and respectful.
Education and Training:
* Bachelor's Degree or commensurate work experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast
• Location: Seattle
• Post ID: 50032253 seattle