Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:38 PM
Location: WA : Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC : Creative
Bring Your Brain.....
Well Supply the Dragons
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the worlds largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering(R) Trading Card Game and Dungeons and Dragons(R) Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Game Designer to join our Creative Team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Are you someone who is passionate about games and would be excited to be involved in building and expanding the future of a Trading Card game? Would you like to see people enjoying a game in which you are part of the design team? If so, we invite you to consider joining our Duel Masters Game Design team.
This position provides contributions to Initial Game Design teams for the Duel Masters Trading Card Game. This includes individual card design, new mechanic designs, and set and block concepting and brainstorming.
This position will also contribute to Final Game Design and play:testing for Duel Masters, and Initial and Final Game Design and play:testing for other Wizards of the Coast Games.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
* Perform Initial Game Design for Duel Masters regular booster sets, special products, and promotional cards.
* Play:test and perform Final Game Design for Duel Masters regular booster sets, special products, and promotional cards.
* Contribute to Block Concepting Design teams for future Duel Masters block plans.
* Contribute to Game Design teams for other games.
The successful candidate should embody our R and D principles for Game Design. We are the stewards of our games; we are passionate about them; we believe games make a difference; we aim to increase the number of people playing games. We are customer focused and love to surprise and delight them. We listen; we improve; we collaborate; we debate; and we are inclusive and respectful. We strive to simultaneously improve the experience of our current customers and appeal to a wider group of future customers.
* Brainstorming novel ideas for game play; including individual card ideas, card mechanic ideas, and ideas for improving the play environment.
* Combining previous mechanics and individual cards in novel ways to provide innovative and fun game:play experiences.
* Iterating upon previously brainstormed ideas with the goal of increasing their fun and excitement during play.
* Combining new ideas with previous game elements in a synergistic manner that increases the amount of fun when playing our games.
* Understanding how new card ideas and new mechanic ideas will affect the current play environment, and applying this understanding to improve the play experience.
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
* Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
* Do you like to play games, analyze games, and think about how to make them better?
* Have you created new game ideas or concepts either in a workplace or as a hobby?
* Can you generate a steady stream of novel and interesting card ideas?
* Can you produce multiple new mechanic ideas, especially mechanics that synergize well?
* Have you been involved in a community of gamers?
* Do you work efficiently with a team of creative and passionate people?
* Do you collaborate well within a group of varied and talented employees?
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
* Japanese language skills a bonus.
* Knowledge of the Japanese market and/or the game industry in Japan a bonus.
Education and Training:
* Experience playing games requi
• Location: Seattle
• Post ID: 54070548 seattle