Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 3:40 PM
Analyst, Technical Support
Location: WA : Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC : Technology
Bring Your Brain.....
We'll Supply the Dragons
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the worlds largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering(R) Trading Card Game and Dungeons and Dragons(R) Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Analyst, Technical Support to join our Infrastructure and Operations team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Technical Support Analyst position maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, repairs desktop and laptop computer systems and related hardware peripherals. Additionally, the Technical Support Analyst is responsible for documenting, maintaining, upgrading or replacing hardware and software systems. The Technical Support Analyst has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Mac or PC technology support fields. The Technical Support Analyst supports multi:departmental initiatives. The position plays a strong role as a resource to either Mac or PC end:user clients. The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for leading local projects through to completion.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
* Strong people and communication skills. Able to provide support at all levels of the organization
* Provide home client computer support (if fits business requirements)
* Write detailed documentation for technical solutions for IT peers
* Virus protection and removal
* Software patching/updates testing and installation
* Maintain accurate asset records
* Provide support for mobile devices, printers, a/v and conferencing, software and hardware issues
* Setup of client level VPN's
* Uses cable testers to detect port speeds and verify network integrity
* Ability to set IP addressing
* BreakFix network connectivity issues
Software and Hardware Support:
* Software installation, Break/fix
* BETA test software
* Provide software solutions and recommendations through research and existing tools
* Roll out of new equipment
* BETA test hardware and report findings
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
* 3 to 5 years' field experience in help desk or desktop support preferred.
* Working knowledge of the following applications: Microsoft Office, Office 365, Skype for Business, Sharepoint, Active Directory, SAP, Windows 7, 8, 10,Mac OSX, Adobe Suite
* Dell or Apple Certification
* Basic Network support (patching, switches, drops, wifi)
* Service:now or similar ticketing system experience
* Familiarity with ITIL practices
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
* Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
* Develop help/tutorial handouts for CBT (computer based training), WBT (web based training) and class:based training.
* Ability to troubleshoot issues pertaining to Mac, Windows PC's, printers, mobile devices
* Configure audio and video meetings across multiple technologies (Skype, WebEx, Avaya)
* Strong knowledge of RAM upgrades, hard drive installation, new equipment and software set up, printer configuration
Education and Training:
* Bachelors or Associates in Computer Science, Computer Programming or commensurate work experience
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
* 3 Months
* Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
* Must have the ability to lift 40lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employ
• Location: Seattle
• Post ID: 50543413 seattle