Specialty Cooks Needed!
Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Free hot healthy meals daily! Medical, dental & vision insurance available! 401K with company matching! Paid vacation & holidays
We are proud to announce that our pay rates have increased! Pay rates are now $12.08-$17.52 based upon qualifications and years of experience.
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are now hiring for Specialty Cooks to work in our flight kitchen. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement.
A specialty cook is responsible to interpret and produce Indian/Middle Eastern menus to specifications.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Must have five (5) years experience in cooking Indian/Middle Eastern cuisine.
- Read, write and follow food specifications and menu guidelines in English
- Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- Work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays
- Work overtime when required
- Arrive to work on-time
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a drug screen
- Handle fish, beef, pork, poultry and other food products
- Follow written food specifications and menu guidelines
- Handle knives and kitchen tools properly
- Complete paperwork
- Communicate with Supervisors and co-workers
- Follow directions
- Work as a member of a team
- Must prepare all Indian/Middle Eastern Cuisine dishes as per menu specifications and recipes
- Indian/Middle Eastern cuisine cook to have full knowledge of the use of ovens, breads, Nans and paratha making and different curries along with the knowledge of spices and flavors of both North and South Indian cuisine.
- Indian cuisine cooks to have knowledge of classical Indian bakery and sweets production.
- Able to produce classical food items from specifications lay out by airline for Indian/Middle Eastern cuisine.
- Must be able to prepare Indian/Middle Eastern cuisine recipes in writing
- Convert Indian/Middle Eastern Asian Cuisine recipes into large quantities for production
- Full knowledge of all cooking equipment and how to use them.
- Wash, peel and/or cut various foods to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Prepares vegetables, fruits, salads, and foods for cooking.
- Must be able to multi-task in a high pressure environment.
• Post ID: 46603128 seattle