Posted: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 4:10 AM
Art Director: Contractor
Location: WA : Renton
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Category: WOTC : Creative
THIS IS A CONTRACTOR POSITION:Up to 12 months
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
How would you like to help Magic: the Gathering create incredible new worlds and work with the best fantasy illustrators alive to make every Magic card worthy of an award?
Magic: the Gathering, the world's first and premier Trading Card Game is hiring a new Contractor Art Director
* An experienced visual creative with deep engagement in fantasy art and pop culture?
* Looking to work with other high:talent, high:experience creatives that share your passions?
* Excited by being able to work directly with top illustrative talent and to discover emerging artists?
* Well:versed in translating others' feedback into executable communication for other artists?
* Someone who prides themselves on executing superior work through collaboration?
* Experienced with working within an established brand/IP while constantly looking to grow the brand's visual expression within current models, as well as into new realms?
* Comfortable with switching gears between creative concepts while maintaining a high standard of excellence?
* Passionate about Magic: The Gathering (or will become so) and want to be a part of the Magic: The Gathering creative team?
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
* Commissioning a high volume of artwork: identifying freelance illustrators for each piece, providing continuous direction on individual pieces, and maintaining solid relationships with those partners.
* Leading in:house and external illustrators in creating concept art assets.
* Presenting creative direction and providing constructive feedback in meetings and stand:up critiques.
* Providing visual direction for internal/external presentations and videos with both R and D and Marketing teams.
* Providing direction for graphic designers on card frame treatments and individual graphic elements.
* Reviewing print:ready files to ensure final card quality.
* Participating in brainstorms on future Magic creative expressions.
AM I QUALIFIED?
* Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
* Commercial art experience; experience as a commissioning Art Director/Art Producer a plus.
* Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
* A portfolio demonstrating strong creative vision with a cinematic lens.
* Understanding of Magic as both a game and a brand.
* Worldbuilding/character design experience.
* Knowledge of current fantasy illustration market/talent.
* Knowledge of modern print/press techniques and processes.
* Comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to demonstrate ownership over both conceptual worldbuilding and commissioned work.
* Ability to synthesize game mechanics, brand knowledge and creative goals into concise direction.
* High skill in Adobe Photoshop
* Proficiency in other Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator) and MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
Education and Training
* Studies or training in Concept Art, Visual Arts, Illustration, or related subjects.
Travel Requirements ( of time per year)
* Office environment, able to work on computer for long periods of time.
This position would not be employed by Wizards of the coast but through a third party.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast
• Location: Seattle
• Post ID: 57385272 seattle