Job Location: Seattle, WA
This position is for a Homeowner Field Adjuster. In addition to providing exceptional customer service,the successful candidate will interview insureds, claimants and other parties to determine the facts of the loss.Review factual information to determine cause of loss, coverage and/or liability of all parties to the claim.Prepare repair estimates utilizing Xactimate estimating software. Determines value of the claim considering depreciation and actual cash value, negotiates the scope and value of the loss, document claims file to comply with company guidelines and state regulations. Issue payments promptly, and oversees claim to a swift closure.Proactive to the customer and anticipates the customers needs. Resolves complaints and participates in arbitration and/or grievance procedures. Identify, document and complete the appropriate subrogation and salvage opportunities along with working with SIU. The candidate must manage their pending to comply with the company quality criteria.Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Customer Centric The customer is at the center of everything we do.
- Quality Work Product Attention to detail that satisfies our guidelines and protocols along with state regulations.
- Production The ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage a claim file from start to finish. Pay what we owe in a timely fashion.
- Inclusive Our culture is that of being one team, working together without walls.
- Independence We are looking for someone to be self-reliant and take ownership of this territory and manage it like it is their business.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience
- Minimum 3 - 5 yrs. related property claims experience
- General knowledge of insurance theory and practices
- Strong communication skills (verbal, nonverbal and written)
- Strong homeowner policy knowledge
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Strong knowledge and understanding of how to appropriately document a claim file.
- Ability to establish repair estimates for property losses utilizing Xactimate
- Ability to evaluate and successfully negotiate property claims
- Must be able to make physical inspections of property loss sites
- Must be able to climb ladders, balance at various heights, stoop, bend and/or crawl to inspect structures
- Must be able to work out-of- doors in all types of weather and extended and/or non-standard hours as required
- Valid driver's license with a safe driving record
Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 46054958 seattle