Posted: Thursday, November 2, 2017 12:51 AM
Software Developer, Rules Engine
Location: WA : Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC : Game Development
Bring Your Brain.....
We'll Supply the Dragons
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the worlds largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering(R) Trading Card Game and Dungeons and Dragons(R) Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer, Rules Engine to join our Magic: the Gathering Arena team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
We implement card behavior, game mechanics, and game:flow considerations for Magic: the Gathering Arena. This job is highly collaborative, interacting frequently with front:end developers and game designers to make sure that we deliver authentic Magic and an engaging digital experience. Some problems you'd get to tackle include:
* Can I improve how lands are auto:tapped when casting spells?
* What data do I need to send to the front:end to display this ability's effect?
* When I implement REDACTED, that new upcoming keyword, how will it work with REDACTED?
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
* Programming the comprehensive rules of Magic in an expert system.
* Expanding the scope of our language parser to understand new card text.
* Adding functionality and content to our automated testing framework.
* Investigating and fixing live bugs to support our game.
* Code reviewing, brainstorming, and helping our development organization grow.
* Designing dev tools, writing workflows, and improving our process.
* The problem space of Magic rules is difficult. This wizard must have persist, undying is even better
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
* Deep understanding of Magic: The Gathering card game rules.
* 3+ years of object:oriented design experience
* 3+ years working with C++ and/or Python
Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
* Knowledge and Passion for Magic: The Gathering
* Interest in linguistics and the English language
* Experience writing parsers and/or compilers
* Experience in first order logic
* Game development experience
* Determination to resolve technical problems
* Comfort with communicating and asking for help when blocked
* Troubleshooting skills
* Familiarity with digital card games
Education and Training:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or commensurate work experience.
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
* 6 months
* Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Job Function: Digital Game Development
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast
• Location: Seattle
• Post ID: 57686327 seattle