Posted: Sunday, February 4, 2018 4:07 PM
It starts with great chemistry.
Univar is more than a distribution company : we're a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the world's most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Univar generated 8+ billion in sales in 2016 : securing the 1 market position in North America and the 2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people : people like you : and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If you're looking for an experience where your actions will make a positive difference every day, you've come to the right place.
The Buyer of Indirect Services and Material would support the NA Indirect Procurement Organization to ensure optimization and utilization of agreements. Responsibility for procurement activities is for a set of locations, within a region or business unit. In this role, it is expected to follow an individual work plan, meeting day:to:day objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short:term planning. Buyer will execute proper methodology for purchasing decisions, ensuring maximum of 10 exception process (Non PO).
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Initiate, participate and/or implement NA strategic sourcing projects for Indirect Categories, such as packaging materials (Drums, IBC), lease cars, energy, telecom, etc.
* Ensure TCO reductions are secured and sustainable
* Identify potential contract improvement opportunities and re:negotiations
* Support the Procurement organization in the further optimization and implementation of a world:class Purchasing Department within Univar NA
* Establish a strong network of people throughout the region to ensure involvement in savings projects, support during the strategic sourcing projects as well as smooth implementation of developed contracts
* Develop professionalism, knowledge, respect and techniques to execute the role of category manager/specialist for selected category spend
* Develop and manage the relationship with key suppliers for the category spend and track the performance
* Establish solid relationships with new potential suppliers
* Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other required documents to assure orderly administration and retention of records
* Evaluate current and anticipated requirements, determine potential sources, stimulate competition and perform continual market analysis in monitoring supplier progress
* Perform some or all of the required functions from initiation of intent to purchase, to satisfactory delivery of material or service and addressing applicable invoice review/approvals, as they arise
* Ensure high adoption rate of using the proper procurement methodologies and ensuring maximum of 10 exception process (Non PO)
:SAP and SRM experience preferred
:Strong negotiation skills required
:Proven purchasing/sourcing experience in Indirect categories
:Self starter and team builder
:Ability to work cross functionally
:Strong interpersonal and communication skills
:Ability to work under tight time deadlines, with frequently changing priorities and sometimes:high stress levels
:Proficiency with Microsoft applications
:CPSM Certification or at least 2 years of Supply Chain/Sourcing experience
:Experience with e:sourcing tools and purchasing systems
:Six Sigma Certification preferred
Univar is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, nati
• Location: redmond, Seattle
• Post ID: 61490707 seattle