Full Time Tax Consultant (Tax Management Consulting) Summer 2018- Seattle - Deloitte (Seattle,
In an increasingly demanding global environment, managing tax responsibilities and planning for tax issues is becoming more complex for businesses. As a Tax Consultant in our Tax Management Consulting practice, you will help clients tackle some of their key challenges in this dynamic environment. Projects may include interviewing clients, documenting results from workshops, determining tax requirements, researching tax issues, and helping to translate the tax requirements into technology solutions for the client. As a consultant, you may have the opportunity to travel to client locations across the country and establish consultative working relationships with client personnel.
Work you’ll do
No two days as a Tax Consultant in the Tax Management Consulting practice will be the same. You’ll help clients:
• Address the challenges of multi-jurisdictional tax operations, including tax compliance, reporting, and risk management for direct and indirect taxes
• Better understand their processes, technology, and resourcing models as well as global co-sourcing and outsourcing capabilities
• Assess clients’ current organizational capabilities and use data to create a roadmap for transformation
• Develop new standards for effective practice in tax processes, controls, and output
Our Tax Management Consulting Team (TMC) helps clients’ tax departments improve their tax functions. We’re committed to finding new methods and processes to take clients’ current tax departments to the next level of performance. Our TMC team is aligned with other Deloitte consultants around the world and includes industry, tax, organizational, change management, technology, and compliance specialists who will work with clients to align their tax strategy with their global business operations. Read more about Deloitte Tax Management Consulting.
• Bachelor or Masters degree in accounting, taxation, information systems, technology, finance or economics or related field
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.0)
• Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for technology
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
• Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Relevant technology work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
• Up to 85% travel required
How you’ll grow
As a new Tax professional, your first years will provide you with education, experience, and exposure opportunities that will build your future with Deloitte. Our learning programs are designed to develop your skills in four key areas — technical, professional, industry, and leadership. You will also have access to a career roadmap that will help you fully use the opportunities you’ll need to succeed. Your leadership and talent professionals will work to deliver engaging learning and networking opportunities virtually, in your local office, and at Deloitte University. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring, counseling, and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that allow them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer comprehensive well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to nourish and build a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the company and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
• Post ID: 54597022 seattle